If you’re a first-time homebuyer, you may find the process of buying your first home to be daunting. Here are some tips to help you navigate the process:
1. Determine your budget: Before you start looking for a home, figure out how much you can afford to spend. Consider pre-approval from lenders.
2. Review the legal documents: Very important to have the contract and other legal documents professionally reviewed before you sign. Mention this post and get a complimentary review at the friendly team at Bond Conveyancing, a property specific law firm.
3. Research the neighborhoods: Find an area that suits your needs (commuting distance, preferred lifestyle, schools, crime rate, etc).
4. Think long-term: Don’t just think about your current situation but also consider your future. Think about your plans for the next five to ten years.
5. Get a home inspection: This’ll help identify existing home problems that you would not have noticed otherwise, that can be costly to build.
6. Add up all the additional cost: Also consider other costs, such as closing costs, home insurance, property taxes, utility bills, maintenance etc.
7. Don’t rush to buy: Take your time to find your perfect home. Don’t force the process.
As always if you have any queries or if we can be of any assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our friendly team at Bond Conveyancing.